Islington Council supports a range of transport services for communities within the borough who have specific transport needs, such as people with disabilities or the elderly. These include:
- Accessible buses - the PlusBus 812 runs Mon - Fri between Hoxton and Angel.
- Blue Badges - disabled parking scheme.
- Freedom Passes - older and disabled people can use public transport for free.
- Taxicard - offering subsidised taxi fares.
- ScootAbility - offers short term loan of mobility vehicles to residents with mobility impairments.
- School transport - please talk to your school to find out more.
- Social services transport - Islington's Short Breaks schemes for disabled children may include transport to and from the scheme as part of the package.