The latest CIS report ‘Home Working in London’ is now available to download here.
- There were 388,000 people in London who worked mainly from home in 2011, 10 per cent of all those employed
- Residents in London were less likely than those in the surrounding regions to work from home
- Homeworkers were more likely to work part-time and be self-employed
- Younger workers (those aged 16 to 29) were more likely to work from home if they lived in London than elsewhere in England & Wales
- There was a positive correlation between age and propensity for home working