The project aims to:
1. Make a repaired Clock Tower accessible to the public
2. Build a small high quality designed centre providing:
- Café/ kiosk serving light refreshments
- Accessible public toilets
- Activity room for school sessions, family activities, workshops, talks
- A park ranger’s office
- Tool store/mess room for volunteers
3. Make essential repairs to the original market railings
4. Provide a range of information to engage people with the rich history of the site
5. Develop a programme of activities, training and volunteer opportunities to encourage use of the park and engage the community with the local heritage. A park ranger and an education officer will be employed and will be based on site.
The Council are currently developing detail proposals for the project and have commissioned a number of reports and surveys which are available to view and down load here.